In delivering on our mission, we are guided by the following core values:
• Crime results in hurt and damage to victims and communities and must be met by an effective sanction,
• Where appropriate, community sanctions are more fitting and effective than custody,
• By engaging effectively with communities, particularly through a restorative justice model to address crime, we can enhance public safety and reduce offending patterns,
• Each person has innate value, dignity and capacity for positive change; and will be treated fairly, openly and with respect,
• As with all members of society, offenders must accept personal responsibility for their behaviour,
• We recognise the importance of accountability, efficiency, effectiveness and value for money in the provision of a quality public service.